2 tablespoons cooking oil
600gm boneless chicken thighs and/or breasts, cut into pieces
2 lemongrass white part only, cut into 10cm lengths, pounded
6-8 pieces kaffir lime leaves
1 Frozen Coconut Cream Bar
1 tablespoon lime juice
salt to taste
- 4cm galangal
- 200gm fresh red chilies, seeded and sliced
- 5 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2cm ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 candle nuts
- 1cm fresh turmeric, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon belacan (shrimp paste)
1. Blend all the Spice Paste ingredients to a very fine paste.
2. Heat up the cooking oil in a wok and stir-fry the paste until aromatic or a thin layer of oil rises to the top.
3. Add the chicken, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. Keep stirring until the chicken is almost cooked.
4. Add the coconut milk, simmer for 15-20 minutes, on low heat. 5. Add the lime juice and salt.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice.